5 Exercise Facts That You Probably Didn’t Know
1. Men who exercise frequently are only one third as likely to experience erectile dysfunction, as compared to men who exercise very little or not at all.
Constance G. Bacon et al., “.” Annals of Internal Medicine
, 2003, 139 (3), 161-168.
2. Exercisers can improve their performance by as much as 15 percent if they listen to music while working out.
Costas Karageorghis et al., “.” British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
3. Six percent more men than women exercise regularly.
J. R. Pleis et al., “.” Conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/National Center for Health Statistics, 2010, 10 (249).
4. People who want to quit smoking are twice as likely to succeed in quitting if they lift weights than if they don’t lift weights.
Joseph Ciccolo et al., “.” Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 2011, 13 (8), 756-760.
5. Exercisers can improve their performance by as much as 50 percent if they eat dark chocolate regularly.
Leonardo Nogueira et al., “.” Journal of Physiology
, 2011, doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2011.20992.