9 Healthy Choices for Cholesterol Control
1. Vitamin D and calcium supplements can improve your lipid profile.
Dr. Joseph Mercola, “
.” Mercola. April 14, 2014.
2. Combining Welchol (Colesevelam) with diet and exercise can lower your bad low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
3. Research indicates that added sucrose and high-fructose corn syrup contribute to heart disease more than saturated fat.
Renata Trister, D.O., “
.” Vernon Integrative Medicine Group.
4. Soybeans are rich in soluble fiber and isoflavones, which reduce cholesterol levels.
Aurora Geib, “
.” Natural News
. June 8, 2014.
5. The pectin soluble fiber in oranges forms a gooey mass in your stomach that traps cholesterol and carries it out of your body before your bloodstream can absorb it.
Ben Ince, “
.” Men’s Fitness
. April 3, 2014.
6. Strawberries can decrease bad LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels significantly.
Plataforma SINC, “
.” Science Daily
. Feb. 14, 2014.
7. Jogging, running and aerobics can lower lousy LDL cholesterol by 5 to 10 percent and raise healthy HDL by 3 to 6 percent.
Jennifer Moll, PharmD, “
” About. May 20, 2014.
8. Moderate-intensity walking, walk-jogging, cycling or swimming for three to four hours per week can reduce total cholesterol by 10 to 20 percent after 12 to 16 weeks.
Ralph La Forge, M.S., “
.” Ace Fitness.
9. Revise your cholesterol-management approach if you notice xanthomas, small yellowish bumps on your skin that indicate your blood fat levels are too high.
.” Skin Site.